1) Listen to motivational speakers on your way to work. The car is the ultimate classroom.
2) Read two hours a day, one hour sales related and the other non-sales. TV is a definite NO NO, YouTube has awesome sales channels.
3) Spend one hour a week with a mentor, perhaps from the other side of the world.
4) Exercise even if it’s just walks around the office meeting new people.
5) Write daily and work on being interesting and quirky.
6) Flex your curiosity muscle. It will grow and you will become a cosmic filter of everything awesome!
7) Think positively, your attitude determines your altitude. This is the greatest discipline to habitualize and master.
8) Become a No-Limit person, think bigger and aim higher.
9) Network and reach out to your favorite sales thought leaders and authors.
10) Do at least one thing that scares you. Most likely this is picking up the phone and calling the client who could change your stars!
Tony Hughes is ranked as the #1 influencer on professional selling in Asia-Pacific and is a keynote speaker and best selling author. This article was originally published in LinkedIn where you can also follow Tony’s award winning blog. Also visit Tony’s keynote speaker website at www.TonyHughes.com.au or his sales methodology website at http://www.rsvpselling.com/.
Please Share: If you valued this article, please share via your Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Facebook social media platforms. We encourage you to join the conversation or ask questions. So feel free to add a comment on this post below.
Your Invitation: We invite you to subscribe to this blog. Subscription is free and it allows you to get access to all our subscriber only content and our periodic newsletter.
Tony is ranked the #1 influencer on professional selling by Top Sales World Magazine and is a best selling author and international keynote speaker. He helps business-to-business (B2B) sales teams modernise the way they sell by 'leading with why' and then embracing social media platforms such as LinkedIn to build strong personal brands capable of creating pipeline and setting an agenda of insight and value. Tony seeks to elevate leadership and professional selling for a Better Business World and has over 60,000 followers of his award winning blog within LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/today/posts/hughestony). Tony's methodologies for creating sales pipeline and managing complex enterprise opportunities have deliver hundreds of millions of revenue for his clients who include Oracle, Orange Business Services, BOC Gases, Nufarm, Peer 1, and many others. Whether your revenue issues stem from strategy or execution, process or methodology, skills or discipline; Tony can help enable the transformation of sales people and results with a modernised approach to creating pipeline and managing the complex sale.